Monday, April 10, 2017

A Week In the Life of a Star Wars/Marvel fan

I was going to write a post last night, to talk about some of the things I was looking forward to this upcoming week such as the new Kendrick Lamar album dropping this Friday along with our first look at a little movie coming out in December:


Rumor has it the first trailer/teaser for the latest entry in my all time favorite movie franchise will be dropping during Star Wars Celebration in Orlando, Florida at the end of the week; somewhere between when it kicks off on Thursday or Friday when the actual Last Jedi panel takes place.

Like I said I was going to write something, but pulled back at the last minute.  Started listening to some Fela Kuti instead and have no regrets.

Then Marvel decided to turn a normally boring Monday morning into an event by unleashing this:



THOR: RAGNAROK TEASER!!!  I had no idea this was dropping today.

(insert every happy/excited emoji right here)

That party people, is how you get the blood flowing on a Monday morning!  AMAZING TEASER for a franchise that 'some' folks are not as warm about compared to other Marvel franchises.  Well dare I say, the naysayers may be taking cover right about now.  So here I am writing something now.

Full disclosure: I LOVE the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Sometimes I feel like I want to live there, because the worst part of the movies is when they end, and I have to wait months on end until the next entry comes out.  So I LOVE when there is news from official channels about the upcoming movies whether its a poster, footage in the form of teasers and trailers, to when tickets go on sale weeks ahead of time.  I've made it my business to be at the first showing of these movies at 7pm Thursday the day before their official release on Friday because I cannot risk being spoiled about ANYTHING once the movie is out.

And of course when it ends I am sitting in my seat waiting for the post-credits scenes, cuz Marvel always likes to tease the future.  I can't decide which tease was better when Nick Fury teased the Avengers Initiative to Tony Stark at the end of "Iron Man", or the appearance of Thanos at the end of "Avengers"?

Sidenote: it kills me seeing folks get up to leave when the credits are rolling.  I just want to shout to them, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING? THERE IS STILL MORE TO SEE!!!"

So while I had every intention of writing last night about the things I was looking forward to this week, sometimes its the things that we do not see coming that end up making us just as happy as well.

But who am I kidding....If the "Last Jedi" teaser has a lightsaber igniting along with hearing the first bit of new dialogue from LUKE MOTHERF_CKIN' SKYWALKER in over three decades, how could that NOT be the best thing to happen this week?

May the Force Be With You
Make Mine Marvel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronicles of a B-boy Superhero at the Hip-Hop Museum, DC

..As the interview ended Lord Finesse made his way from behind the table.  I cued the footage to the 1:28 minute mark, the exact moment Fin...